Composite silicone insulators consist of E-CR glass fiber composite rod, silicone rubber body and metal caps on the
ends. The crimping process of our production uses the technology of acoustic emission sensors.
Composite silicon insulators have such advantages:
• High mechanical and electrical power,
• Against environmental pollution,
• Small and lightweight design.
WHY TO SELECT SILICON COMPOSITE INSULATORS ?
For many years in our country, glass and porcelain insulators were used in MV and HV air systems. Although these
materials provide the required insulation and mechanical support, they were problematic in terms of weight,
impact-pressure-to-earthquakes, brittleness and salting, and industrial-atmospheric pollution-prone structures.
Composite silicon insulators are used against the forces acting on them, short circuit currents, earthquakes and other
vibrations and atmospheric conditions, when normal operation or overvoltages occur in the system. At the beginning of 2010, we obtained passed test reports from an international accredited laboratory by applying the
tests specified in IEC 61109 and IEC 62217 standards and under TEDAŞ MYD / 2009 -055 specifications for our 36kV 40kN
and 100 kN type insulators. Also the fittings used are as specified in IEC61466-1 standard; 11 and 16B ball and socket
are manufactured from forged steel and we have obtained the relevant test report from a university laboratory.
Advantages of PRATEK composite silicone insulators:
• Resistant to all kinds of shocks and pressures,
• No long-term maintenance,
• With high electrical values,
• Water retention,
• Not easily affected by pollution,
• Lightness (easy handling and installation),
• T he suitability of using single composite insulators instead of 3 porcelain insulators,
• The resistance of the current surface to flushing and erosion,
• High level of impact on cold, hot, rain, sunlight and flame Conditions